Soil health, agriculture trends, economics- let’s talk about it all!
This year’s Soil Health Seminar on August 16th is all about finding stable ground in ever-changing agriculture. We’ll start with economics with our keynote, John Ikerd, Professor Emeritus of Agricultural Economics at the University of Missouri. From there pick the breakout sessions that interest you the most, enjoy lunch on us, tour our compost site, and get to know other industry leaders during the social hour (with wine tasting booth)!
- Brian Bates, Bear Creek Organic Farm
- John Ikerd, Agricultural Economist
- Matthew Powell, John Deere Financial
- Tom Zilke, Zilke Vegetable Farm
- Edwin Suarez, Technical Agronomist at Midwestern BioAg
- Kristin Poley, Lab Manager and Technician for the Michigan State University Applied Nematology Lab
- Dr. George Bird, Professor Emeritus at Michigan State University
- Fred Monroe, Monroe Family Organics
This event is a great chance to learn, meet with others in your field, and support the agriculture programs that make Michigan great. For the full schedule of events and to buy tickets, click here.