Growers need to send 1 quart of soil for every soil test.
- Using a soil probe, spade, or trowel, and a clean plastic pail, sample in a zigzag fashion throughout a uniform area.
- Take a representative sampling of the soil in the area you are testing, 15-20 subsamples.
- Sampling depths are as follows:
Field Soils – 8 inches
Garden Soils – 6 to 8 inches
Lawn – 3 inches below turf
- Combine all samples into the plastic pail and mix thoroughly. Fill a soil sample box/bag with the sample, or package about a pint of soil.
- Complete the form below, including your farm information and check off whether you are organic and what tests you want, also please label each bag by sample location.
Send your sample(s) with this form and a check to “Morgan Composting”.
Other Optional Tests:
Paste Soil Test
When crop challenges arise mid-season the Paste Soil Test helps understand what’s happening in the soil.
Solvita Soil Test
The Solvita Soil Test will tell you if the biology in your soil is active and if it’s enough to convert nutrients for your plants by measuring the CO2 and/or estimated N release from soil.