How We Began
Morgan Composting is a family business that was started in 1996, by Brad Morgan and his father Dale. The Morgan’s began composting as a solution to a manure management problem on their 200-head dairy operation. Now the cows have been sold and just a composting operation remains.
We believe that there is no silver bullet, but if we can build layers of good practices, we can achieve healthy soils and healthy plants. This equals a healthy YOU! Our goal is your goal, so when a grower asks us “how do I get there?” we start at the beginning and ask where you’re starting from. With a well trained staff, along with an agronomist, to help recommend and implement a good, efficient plant specific program, we’ll get you THERE.
- 2013 Green Leader Small Business Category
- Michigan Land Steward Award
- Michigan Food and Farming Systems Business of the Year
- Certificate of Appreciation for working with the Montcalm Conservation District and NRCS on Larry Sackett’s Potato Composting Field Trial
Morgan Composting strives to be a driving force in Agribusiness that promotes sustainable practices, and to be an innovated provider of economical & healthy soil products. Our mission, what MCI is about…is to strive for excellence in our service to customers, our community, and the environment.
- Morality, ethics, and goodwill
- Organic integrity and promotion
- Respect, reliability, and recognition
- Growing, growing, and growing!
- Ability to be diverse in all growing sectors
- New opportunities are constantly sought out
- Sustainable and sound economical products